Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Em...are you OK?

Yes @Anastasia ... I'm here. 😄

Are you okay? 💕

No hunny...it's Dad 😞

His results are showing the cancer has spread

Wish I was there 😞

we could give each other the hugs that are needed right now.

How was today's treatment hun, how are you feeling? @Emelia8 

LOl I dreampt I was able to phone them to talk to you but they were like

"There's no Emelia here" I said try Em, try Carol, try sceaming my beautiful soul out, she will hear @Emelia8 

Yes thanks @Anastasia ... I'm okay. 👍💗

Just lying on my bed with a cuppa and biscuit, watching the cricket. And trying to "join the dots" and digest your health news.

@WIP ... I thought about bringing my own pillow, but decided not to. My pillow needs changing actually, so I thought Id take my chances with the unit pillows. Turns out I have 6 to choose from, and they are all pretty good.

Emelia 💞

We are cross posting @Anastasia ... I'm slow on the mobile.

I wasnt game to ask you how your Dads results were. I had recalled he had a follow up apt today for his scan results.

I am sooooo sorry @Anastasia that your dad did not get better results. 💔   I feel your devastation, and wish I could hold you tight right now ... and allow you to cry, shout, lash out or whatever else you need. I will sob with you in fact.

Cancer is the absolute pits!!!!! 

Gosh ... what can you say? Nothing unfortunately.

I too wish you could call ... unfortunately its not possible. You could ask for Emelia, Em, Carol, Ruby, Sherry or any other name. But you would never guess my real name. Its very unusual, and is of Welsh origin. Family and friends shorten my real name to a 4 letter abbreviation.

Maybe just phone and ask for an announcement to be put over the air ... does anybody know a recently turned 50 lady by the name of MyBoy?  Ha ha ... that would get their attention I reckon.

Jokes aside though my dear friend ... what is the recommendation for your Dad now? Will he need to go back on chemo? And will you all still be able to get away on your little family getaway next month?

@Faith-and-Hope 🌻

Em 🌹

So much to digest @Emelia8 

He said no treatment for 2 months. Apparently the first is the most successful. He's old and they are weighing up his quality of lives versus treatment. I just am so sad. Putting it into words makes it real. 

Ironically it's spread to his lymph. Mine must have gone out in sympathy. 

I just want you to know I love you, of all the people in the world you are the only one I have told. I'm yet to go and tell bf. Need to hold it together for my boy for now as he's not doing well. What time is your treatment tomorrow?

Love you

🤗💞🖍💎🤔💞

@AnastasiaThere's nothing more I know what to say than I am so, so sorry to hear the news about your Dad.  I know exactly how you are feeling and are actually able to relive those feelings right now with you, as mine are still raw.

It just sucks. It isn't fair. It isn't right. And it is devestating.

Im so sorry for your Dad, your Mum, your boys and bf to hear this cruel news today.

I love you.

WIP & Levi

❤️

I can;t bring myself to move. I need to go and tell them, I can't - thank you L, I love you too @WIP 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance