Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: only one 'HNY'

@haystacksI reckon if I did it I would find that most of them would be in the 'neutral' column....'neutral' meaning customers who ask for what they want and pay and don't make any conversation....am I right most would be 'neutral'....

I didn't realise you worked in a bar - are you still working?

sounds tough

@haystackstoday I had one of the regular customers asked me if I had a 'good break'...said she noticed I was away ....and she asked when is Chinese New Year...she didn't ask me what I did..

most of them probably didn't notice I was away or didn't want to mention anything ...

which is what I prefer 🙂
she didn't ask me what I did on the break so I should be grateful for that

@jamesle2015 Yes you would be right about neutral, ask for what they want and they make no conversation, so the main focus here are the nasty and nice columns "right", see what out weighs the other. So to answer your question yes I still work behind the bar, but these days I don't have too many problems with customers and most of them are pretty nice and the ones I am not to keen, I try make the conversation straight to the point and as short as possible. But 2021 is the year that I will start my career as a Peer support worker and will use my life experinces with Mental Health, mostly with Depression and Aniexty as my strengths. I think that is why I am trying to encourage you so much, so you can get the therapy that you need, so you can make the changes in your career and find a job that you would like jamesle2015.

Haystacks

@jamesle2015 it has been a while since I have see any post from, so how are going with work and life in general, I have some good news in a week I will start casual support work with an organisation called Katungal which is a Aboriginal Health Clinic which cover aspects of health e.g general health and mental health, alcohol and others drugs, drug rehab. They support a lot of Aboriginals and Torres Straight Islander people in the region where I live. I am very honored to work for them because I am a non-Aboriginal person and I can get chance to make positive change in people lives, which I am passionate about. So I hope all is well with you jamesl2015 and you are coping well with thing, take care for now and keep positive.

Warm Regards

Haystacks 

@haystackseverything is about the same with me....still the same problems

'Australia Day' public holiday...stuck at home ..was 'forced' to go outside for a few minutes for exercise but it was the same thing....couldn't get very far always the same thing

this is why it is better to work...

next public holiday not until March

@jamesle2015, yeah Australia Day is not usually a exciting day for me, if I wanted to see a bunch of drunken yobbos making fools of themselves,  I can get that at work most busy night LOL. So I keep away from it if I can. Can I ask you how does exercise make you feel after you have exercised, do you feel calm and happy, or does make you more anxious? Why I asked you is exercise has always been my go to when I was and am feeling at my worst, I am always happier clamer and I seem to enjoy life better even if it is only for a few hours and after the endorphins wear off. Ahh did you get a chance to write down good and bad experinces with customers and write how you felt at the time?

Warm Regards

Haystacks

@haystacksmy problem is agoraphobia...I can't go far from home

I tried but I can't go further ...it's hard to understand if you are not agoraphobic

that is why I need to do retail for work ...it's not too far from home

@jamesle2015 no disrepect and yes I don't much about agoraphobia, but there are other ways you can exercise in the comfort of your home, such as using home gym equipment for instance: weight training equipment, exercise bike, crosstrainers, rowing machines, yoga etc.

Haystacks

@haystacks  JB Hi Fi cancelled my laptop order.....I wasted a lot of time today

Big headache

Why did Victoria have to go into lockdown?

@jamesle2015 how are you going, what a pain the arse this Covid-19 is and boarders are like the bloody weather you don't what you get from day to day. Sounds like you are having one those weeks. I had a bugger of a week too, I resigned my new job after 2 days and we missed out on buying a house through a bidding war with another couple and we really want the house, so the wife and I were a bit deflated after the news on Wednesday. So hopefully next week is a better week is a better week for us all jamesle2015, it great to hear from you, take care for now and fingers cross this week is kind to you.

Warm Regards

Haystacks

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance