Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

hey @creative_writer sorry for the delay in replying. I'm glad you got a good sleep, I have been sleeping much better too thank goodness!

How's the weather out your way? It's cold and rainy here in the Swan, I finally dusted off the Ugg boots and don't think I want to take them off. Although it would be very uncomfortable to sleep whilst wearing them ha ha ha!!

Look after yourself my dear friend ♥️

Fine, sorry @tyme

@ENKELI I’ve been using my red glasses at night to help with sleep. They help prevent those nasty mixed bipolar episodes. Lack of sleep is a trigger for manic symptoms.

It’s been cold and gloomy here. Uggs sound cozy. I hope work is going okay 💖

@creative_writer I've been reading up on red lenses and had no idea how beneficial they can be.

Normally my sleep is not a problem thanks to the antipsychotics I take nightly. And of course when I mistake them for pain tablets I sleep for a loooooooong time! One time I accidentally doubled the dosage, forgetting I'd already taken one. Didn't wake up until midday. Now I write the day on the sheet of tablets.

Work is okay, I was just saying to Glisten that K - with whom I have become close - is considering looking for another job. I hope they don't, they are the sunshine in otherwise dull days. I would certainly consider another job, without K there our team leader D would be a nightmare again. 

I hope your day is going well. Do you have any plans for the weekend? x

@ENKELI  my dearest Radish

Two days in a row I have slept until 10:30am 🙃 

I forgot to take my antidepressants after lunch. My medication :pill: timetable is a bit squiggly atm 😆

It’s not like I’ve got to be anywhere, but it’s not my preferred way of living 🤣

I’m going to have to schedule meds in my calendar 📆 

I’ve got to pay my Rent and Lawyer today.

I found this for you my little Radish

https://perthsleepdentistry.com.au/

hugs 🍅

@tyme not sure why I was tagged into your previous post - maybe a mistake?

Had a bit of time to myself @ENKELI Can't believe the school holidays are nearly over - it has flown. Unfortunately with all the rain we have had I have not been able to get much done outside but nothing that cannot wait.

I sort my meds for the week into their own little containers (morning and evening for each day) - just need to turn the light on next time to make sure I havve the right time of day lol

I hope you back is a little better - I know first hand how restrictive and painful back injuries are so very much thinking of you ❤️

@creative_writer @Glisten @ArraDreaming Hi all.

@ENKELI they may be beneficial for manic symptoms, but there isn’t a huge amount of research, I wish they researched into more alternative treatments for bipolar. I find matcha and saffron pretty soothing too, but I would exercise a bit of caution if you’re caffeine sensitive. I do well with caffeine in moderation, I have ADHD symptoms too but my pdoc is exercising caution with stimulants. Not sure if it’s something to do with my tendency to experience mixed episodes.

If you think it’s not the right fit, then I would say keep other job options open, sometimes it takes a while to find the right fit. Having a good environment is important for mental health.

My day has been a disaster, but it’s okay. I need sleep or I’ll be on the roll for god knows how long and burn myself out by the end. I keep getting a return of manic symptoms, I get them under control and then they come back. Doesn’t help I have depressive symptoms right now too. I had a psych appointment and became numb afterwards, and then afterwards I became like I am now. Don’t mind me rambling, I feel like I’m talking too much.

I don’t have much planned for the weekend, how about you x

@Zoe7 how have you been lovely?

Hey @creative_writer I am okay Hon. Cannot believe the school holidays are nearly over though! Unfortunately all the rain has stopped me getting outside to do everything I wanted to do but can't do anything about that. I did finally put the new glass in my laundry window - dropped the window and smashed the glass a couple of weeks ago when I was changing rusty schools. 

How are you Hon?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance