Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Same old

Finding things beyond hard today. No hope and too tired. Feeling alone. But it's same old same old just now everyone knows I'm a messed up freak.
99 REPLIES 99
BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Re: Same old

Hi @Former-Member

You are NOT a messed up freak!!  No way.  You sound exhausted, are the kids okay or causing chaos??

I wish there was something I could do to help yoiu, I would come over and help you with the kids.  I would even babysit your kids for you.

Is there something nice you can do for yourself ie. bath, colour in, listen to meditation/music or just sitting outside with a cupp?

Here with you HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Kids aren't here. They with their dad. I just don't know how to get through this yet again. Or I just don't want to do it again and again.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member,

sorry you are in that place, that dark horrible hopeless place. Here with you. Sending hugs and thinking of you 💜🤗💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

thanks @Former-Member feeling a bit distracted here.

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah sometimes it helps a bit just to get it out and just 'be' here on the forum @Former-Member. It doesn't change anything but helps me sometimes to pass the time and get out of my head for a bit. Have you any plans for tomorrow.? Mine will be to do all the things I missed doing today. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member no plans for tomorrrow, i need to go to work but too scared. scared i will run into someone there and had a meltdown/panic attack after going last week for like 30 minutes. i didnt get anything done today either other than walking. thinking bad things and zoning out and losing several hours of the day. 

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member I've been like that for the last few weeks..not doing anything and getting sucked into all the bad thoughts. I came really close to messing up big time this week. I think that my therapist helped to turn the titanic around a bit on Friday. Today I've had an ok day but have lots to face this week too. I'm sorry work is causing you so much anxiety. I couldn't imagine how stressful that would be now. How fast have these holidays gone? When is your psychologist back? Do you think that will help to see them again?

Former-Member
Not applicable

i did see her on thursday but for the first time i dont think it helped very much which is my fault. im just scared i cant do everything she thinks i can. i cant remember half of it. and i know if i analyse it all too much i'll twist everything more negative. i have a massive number of should's in my head. and we only really got to talk about one thing thats going on iwth ex and courts and people in the commnity knowing details (which is why im too scared/anxious to go out/see anyone i know/go back to work) support team tell me to just hold my head up high and that they/i know the truth of things but it really doesnt help. its just one more things. plus final orders are on the table for family court that i dont like, son has surgery this week and school next week. psychiatrist cant see me until after work is supposed to go back. so no help with sleep till then. its jsut all too hard. theres other stuff but i cant say.  

lj 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @Former-Member 

It all does sound too hard 😢  You have so much on your plate, no wonder one session didn't help. 

I experienced something similar in a small community. I don't know your situation or details and I know mine was very different but I wanted to share that even though it's really hard right now with holding your head high it will get better. I lived with so much shame for two things, one was my suicide attempt that the town found out about and what my kids went through and one was something I had no control over. I couldn't face anyone or look people in the eye for a few years before I moved. Last year I went back there and to my shock a few people bought it up and I was surprised at the support there was for me. I think you do just need to try to be yourself when you face people and try to not assume the worst even though that's what you'll feel. I dropped my head in shame so much but in the end people are mostly forgiving and see past the obvious. In your case it might take a while but I think you are such a kind and caring person that will always shine above any gossip going around. It's not easy though, I just wanted to offer you hope about that part.

as for the family court orders I'm so sorry. It sounds really tough. Hopefully your son's surgery goes smoothly. I've had two of mine have surgery when aged 4 and 9 and it's hard to go through when you don't know how they'll go. Im really angry that they couldn't find a better way to help with meds to give you some sleep and respite.  

I know there is nothing I can say to help or change anything but hang in there because it has to change at some stage. It can't possibly stay this stressful for you. Some of these things will be over soon and some will take a while but at some point these big stresses will all subside. 

Sending hugs 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance