Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Same old

Hi @izzoe09, welcome to the forums. Just start by introducing yourself and what's been happening this last week. Are you happy with the Mental Health services where you are?

@Former-Member, feel for you. So relate to those 'walking in circle' days. Has something happened to spike your stress levels? Depression can be so hard to live with, or move forward with "square wheels" (great analogy!). As for "pushing g the negative thoughts to one side" - mindfulness exercises are good but like turning a light on removes darkness, so too focus on plesant things will ease your pain, the turmoil. Self compassion - hug the little girl within & smile. Everything is going to be ok...
🙂 hugz xox

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @lzzie09, welcome to the forums. Just start by introducing yourself and what's been happening this last week. Are you happy with the Mental Health services where you are?

Hi @Faith-and-Hope, how's your day? hope you get that internet access sorted.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Izzie09, sorry, having trouble 'tagging' you. 'L'. '1' 'l' etc hope its right this time. Just trying to say WELCOME to the forums, Im the 'dag' of the group lol - you'll meet lots of nice people here. Just start by introducing yourself and what's been happening this last week. Are you happy with the Mental Health services where you are? taptaptap away!

Think we managed to sort the wifi before we went out @Former-Member .... still in company, getting frowned at for being on phone ..

Will go thru your posts at home and have a proper catch-up, but bit late for you by then... you'll pick up my replies in the morning ...

Sleep well Hon .... ❤️💕

Hi LIzzie

Lola here, one of the moderators.

Welcome to the forum! 

You can start anywhere you like....tell us about yourself and why you cam onto the forum this morning. You will that the forum members are supportive and knowledgeable.  I can see that you have already had welcome posts from a couple of members who have reached out to you.

Looking forward to 'seeing' you around on the forum!

Regards

lola

@Izzie09 ... love @lola's cat avatar above .... reminds me of a tabby I used to have.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope and @Former-Member pulling myself together a bit again this morning. just have to keep getting up each morning.

Welcome @Izzie09 

I hope that you find the forums helpful, lots of friendly caring people here. 

Take care

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member wrote:

Thanks @Change123

I'm sorry about that post, i was just being very self absorbed i think... i know everyone on here has their own stuff. I always feel as though i've written the wrong things too. 

i'm sorry you didnt get many responses yesterday 😞 

Oh no about your SIL, thats terrible 😞 it's awful to be stuck in that kind of a situation. I hope that cutting contact with her will cause you much less stress. It did for me when i cut contact with my family, especially my mother. There was just no knowing when or where there would be massive issues from her. 

My lil guy is really sore today and sad and tired. he tossed and turned all night and woke up a few times and i didnt sleep so feeling pretty tired. Have a meeting with a collegue today on what we need to do this year and im very nervous. but will get there. Having it here at home because lil guy is not well so been madly cleaning and tidying since 6am. anxiety is right up there though.

lj

wishing a speedy recover for your lovely little man Lisa.

Thank you also Change 123 and I address this to you both:

i was like you are yesterday, had advocate coming to help me, madly trying to clean our never ending growing family of insect life up here.

ended up taking a prn just before appointment. cant deal with anything financial when unwell.

she was also able to help me with some questions about how i can include my older son in my will. taking the responsibility away from my younger son. Treating them equally. Has provided some relief.

The pain will always be there just temporarily eased at times.

i tend to react the same when my posts are not responded to. I realise this as I have a "not being heard, listened to, feeling dismissed, abandoned" issue.

I will say to you the exact same thing that I have others remind me, that I should say to myself but of course patterned thinking gets in the way, You  are not self-absorbed in any way, shape or form.

I am listening and reading your every word. You have valuable input on here in helping this huge family of people in cyberspace,  who are not given enough support, value in a harsh society.

Thank you for caring and all of your kind thoughts and words xxx

Hi @Former-Member @Former-Member

Thanks @Former-Member That was a lovely post and I appreciate your input.  One thing I have learned on this journey is that I will always be BPD and I accept that now, I know there will be days easier than others so all I try to focus on making strategies for the days I'm not coping so well so I dont self indulge and slide back further. And yes you are so right about the posts, Ie if no one answers you.  I know logically everyone has their own issues, their own priorities but when we go downhill we get very self absorbed but as you said maybe its ok to do this as long as we snap out of it quickly.  Not as easy as it sounds, I dont know other people illnesses but with BPD its like its all knee jerk reactions - I guess the brain has been trained for so long in the wrong way its hard to turn it around - but we keep trying putting one foot in front of the other as we have no choice.  The mental health system is appalling and I feel so much better when I'm out of it like now.  I dont believe people are getting more understanding its just as much a stigma as it ever was and probably worse.

@Former-Member

Hope you are feeling better within yourself now and your little man is up and about.

Smiley Happy

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Just been reading not sure if I have much to say at the moment but struggling, reading has helped so thanks tired so going to sleep now for a bit
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance