Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: nights

thank you @Pepsimax i'm going to try and sleep... rest or not. hope you're ok
BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member

Wishing you well with your appointments today.  And I hope you got some sleep.  Flashbacks are horrible and I think at night it's worse because it's so quiet.  Take care @Former-Member, thinking of you.  xxxoo

@Pepsimax hope you got some sleep too 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @BlueBay not much sleep but ok.
Hope you have a good day.
Pepsimax
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member I hope your appointments go ok for you today
Hi @Former-Member hope everything is ok with you haven't heard much from you lately
Former-Member
Not applicable

I find nights really hard. Not because I'm scared of sounds or anything just because everything is close and if an emergency happens there's less people to respond.

I had a sever reaction to an anti deppresent many years ago when I was a teen and had a full blown panic attack and became physically ill which made my panic attack worse because I truly thought I was dying. Took forever for a doctor to come view me at home and give me relaxents and needles to stop me vomiting.

So ever since then I take new medication in the day time because it's safe. To me that's when the world is awake and it's safe.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Pepsimax 

I don't know how to describe the appts i had. good/bad/ok/didnt feel great/no solutions ugh. everything.

how are you doing?

Hi @Former-Member

That would have been really frightening to happen. Glad you feel better about taking medication during the day. do you sleep ok at night?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I find getting to sleep generally hard. Always have. Swear I'm an owl. I go through periods where I just can't sleep and get 3 hours a night. I generally fill my room and use every product with lavender. That's generally when I'm on a high. Sleeping pills don't even seem to work. I also have very active dreams and can remember them picture perfect the next day. I know my dreams so well when I'm in a dream I know in my dream I've been to that place in my dream before. So bizarre.

I got a ritual now though. I don't eat to late. I go into bed early and watch a DVD and my husband gives me a back rub which calms me fully down then I put a show on with voices that comfort me. Can not sleep with out a DVD on. Also when I have panic attacks my husband gives me back rubs and puts a DVD on. Even the doctors are like hey it's working just keep doing it.
Dothemo
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member, <br><br>I'm sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I have the polar opposite problem to you - I really struggle in the mornings but love evenings and night time. For me I like the quiet peace, the soothing nature of the night, though paradoxically the slight danger darkness may bring with predators of the night (like my kitty cat!). But then again that's how my physiology is right now, most days I feel better after 4pm. Congratulations for not being on medication that's awesome!! I could recommend drinking delicious camomile tea and avoiding all caffeine after lunch. <br><br>Do you have high blood pressure? Beta blockers prescribed by your doctor used for high blood pressure have the nice side effect of blocking adrenalin hence anxiety without effecting your mind. It helped me but I notice it lowers exercise tolerance a bit though and sometimes cause minor light-headedness. <br><br>I think soothing candles are nice too, one can watch the flame flicker and meditate on it. I hope you feel better soon.
jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

hard to get a good night's sleep...

it's summer now so maybe it's partly the weather..

I reckon it has an impact on how I feel during the day..

I'm still struggling with 'unwanted thoughts' - it happens when I'm at work

It's hard to explain....world spinning out of control some scary thoughts upside down thoughts

I wish I didn't have these thoughts how do I get rid of them?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance