Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is it okay to ignore Christmas? // 13 Dec. 7pm AEDT

Sending you hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

holding you in my arms my friend xx

It genuinely matters that you're alive @Former-Member.  You're a wonderful and supportive member of this forum and we care about you.  If only cyber-hugs were real....

Don't ever apologise @Former-Member. I'm sorry I can't hug you, but I can tell you that it matters that you're alive, and that you keep on living. Focus on your treatment and your health, it doesn't matter what other people think. Do whatever you need to do to manage your life. Sending good thoughts your way xxoo

hugs @Former-Member

you definitely matter, sending hugs galore.

christmas seems empty and lonely for me. for the first time i wont have my kids with me either. So just skipping it this year i think, though i'll do santa and presents for the kids before they go.

lj

@Former-Member No need to apologise. Thanks for posting and being part of the discussion.
I hope you get to hospital, or whatever support works best for you.

We're coming towards the end of our discussion tonight and I want to thank everyone for taking part.  Not feeling positive towards Christmas can feel like a 'dirty secret' at times so it's been great to declare it loud and proud!  We''ve had a real cross section of experiences, from those unavoidably caught up with family to members preparing for Christmas alone.  I love that this discussion has got us thinking about ways we can make the best of whatever those circumstances are - re-claiming at least some of the day for our own needs.  Whether that be time to shed a few tears, spend time in nature or with a good book.

You'll all be in my thoughts on Christmas day and I wish you as painless an experience as possible.  (Setting the bar low is one of my keys to a moderately tolerable Christmas.  Feel free to join me!)

Any last thoughts/survival tactics?

You'll get to have @Former-Member's dream Xmas, @Former-Member. A good excuse for a "me day", even though it will be hard without the kids for the first time. Use it as a good excuse to spoil yourself perhaps.

Hey there @Former-Member, thanks for joining us.  If you're without the kids this year, do you have any plans yet for ways to make that easier?  Will you go the good book/movie route or something more active?

not really sure yet @Former-Member @SwearyCyn

been avoiding thinking about it too much.

lj

I'm with you, @Former-Member, on keeping my expectations low - that way, if things go mostly okay, it's a win.
Cyber hugs to everyone who wants them, and may your Christmas be not as bad as you feared xo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance