Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Same old

Welcome to the Forums @Owltocorner

Hi @Owltocorner and welcome to the forums .... 🌷
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Change123 and @Former-Member 

i'm so tired/drained i havent got much i can say tonight (not much positivity/ability to be constructive) 

thank you both for your messages and i will respond properly later.

Hi @Owltocorner

I'm glad that reading has been helpful, I hope that you find some support when you feel comfortable to post. I might tag you in our introduction thread next, but don't feel you have to reply... only if you want to.

take care of you, hope to see you around soon.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member come over to the beer garden fora bit. You don't need to be in a good mood, just ready to have a drink and forget about today 💜🤗😘

Hi lisajane

Thank you, I would really appreciate that.i think that having a easier introduction to speak to people would be really nice right now am quite stuck and would be good to have people to check in with to keep me safe
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owltocorner

I did tag you in the introduction thread 🙂 just wondering if you are getting a notification in your email when I tagged you? 

if not it doesnt matter. 

Are you ok at the moment? I think there are still a few people around. I'm having a ... mini melt down tonight... feeling a bit.. quiet.

If things do get tough for you and you're not feeling safe please do phone lifeline or someone else that can help. 

You might want to have a look in the section called 'enjoying time with others' and join in the social chat threads in there if you are looking for a distraction 🙂 

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for the message, I did get the emails. I ended up going to bed really early, I am in a can sleep forever space which is not great for the world of work but at least useful to quieten my head.

I will have a look at some other forums today, thanks also for the safety concerns ill feeling relatively safe at the moment just tired and exhausted but safe. 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Former-Member 

when I have struggled with extreme anxiety.

I move elsewhere.

I try to work out what exactly it is that is making me feel anxious. Sometimes I am able to do this. At other times I am not.

I go outside of the house, just the fresh air starts to slowly bring me back to reality. Again I move around and try and focus on real things, nature, animals, sounds, smells.

If it is a major change, selling your house, we have ours on the market too, I try to break it down to smaller pictures as in how does this affect me today? sometimes this helps.

So trying different things sometimes works. Some of the different things sometimes work.

Sometimes it is just about getting my breathing right. Telling myself that I am safe I am in the moment.

We are all different and experience different reactions.

Anxiety is fear of the future. Fear of moving forward. Fear of change.

Sometimes we just have to feel that anxiety but keep ourselves safe.

writing on here if you are able is very helpful regardless of the words. It is the action of writing, venting, releasing.

hope this is not too deep or too rambling.'

perhaps I should change my name to the rambler. HHmm might give that some thought.

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

Please dont feel that you need to reply to all of my writings.

I write to you to offer you my compassion.

That gives me satisfaction as the giver.

stay safe xxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Owltocorner @Former-Member @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member

You are here and welcome. There are many of us on here.

Write what you want, as often as you want and to whoever you relate to.

someone will respond and then others will read at a later time.

There is no judgement on here. we are all here reaching out to each other so please join us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance